Saturday 24 January 2009

A week goes by

A week ago, my boss announced he was leaving the company. We don't know what is happening into the future as yet, but I guess we will in due course. So it has been a strange week in many ways.

Thursday was interesting. Ailsa had had a bad day at work so we talked it through and demolished a bottle of white wine in the process, and then we spent an hour on my Facebook page, during which time we used the chat facility, and found out that Damo doesn't have any I Am Kloot albums. Damo (Damian Feasby, for it is he) is related to the Priest family - they of Brampton Spartans fame - and he and I have been swapping music, sharing concerts, and generally talking about football, despite the fact that Damo is West Ham United fan! He's also a Spartans under 15 fan as well, so we'll let him off.

At the time of writing, he has probably Googled all he can about I Am Kloot, but I am going to burn him a set of CDs. I hope the band don't mind; I paid full whack for mine. We saw them last year in concert at Delamere Forewst supporting Elbow, and it ws one of the best gigs I have ever been to. My 'poor' cover of Not A Reasonable Man is NOT in the shops now ....but you can hear it on YouTube.

I had to scrape frost off the car today, before I came here to count stocks (I'm at work) but I ended up catching up a lot of things, so I am fair set for Monday. Mike is back and we might get to hear more about his imminent departure to pastures new. Or is that pasta new, because he'll be working from Italy.

All of this makes admitting to having watched the Celebrity Big Brother final a bit crass, but at least Coolio didn't win. I was hoping Terry Christian would, but he finished second to Ulrika Johnnson.

I'm gonna drive home now, and I think I'll have a listen to the second I Am Kloot album. Ailsa's going for coffee later with Gilly and Jane, when they will decide who is cooking what next weekend. We're off to Center Parcs

No comments:

Post a Comment