Monday 19 April 2010

Last few days....wheeeeew!



I am delighted to welcome Jonny Hyde onto the team. Jonny approached me through the Brampton Spartans connections and he's been a great asset in a short time, setting up my Facebook Group, and assisting with the laborious take of sorting leaflets.

Sunday morning began with the usual start when Ben has an early morning kick off for Brampton Spartans under 16s. i.e. Dad gets to provide "cover" for doing the paper round. He's been working for Mr Mahmood at Hartford Village Stores for nearly three years, and the rounds takes in Owl Way, Hawk Drive, Falcon Way, Tawny Crescent and Snowy Way. So, whereas I get the distinct impression that David Cameron only gets on his bike for photo opportunities now and again, I DO use the bike for doing the round, weekly, and in all weathers. Higher up this page you'll see me looking at The Mail on Sunday, of all papers, and the ASTONISHING headline "Clegg Nicks The Top Spot". Let's hope that is still true on May 7th, early hours.

As I said, I use the bike for the paper round, but for lots of other things too. If you look closely at the picture below, you'll see a yellow sticker on the bike; a bit tatty now, but proof that I cycled on the "Save Hinchingbrooke Hospital" march a few years ago. Here's a picture taken last Sunday morning just before I went out with the Sunday papers.


Yes, that bag is as heavy as it looks! After getting the papers done, I dropped Ben in Brampton for Spartans' game at home to Chatteris, and set about meeting some of the fantastic people who have put up boards in town. And despite what our current local MP said on Radio Cambridgeshire last week, one of the issues that came up a lot was last year's expenses row.
It has been suggested to me that it was "old news". Well it's not yet a year since the Daily Telegraph ran the story of Mr Djanogly's expenses, on their website. Click to open the link http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/5368993/MPs-expenses-Tory-MP-Jonathan-Djanogly-claimed-almost-5000-for-automatic-gates.html

However, that was then, this is now.....or should I say, this is Huntingdon East.








No comments:

Post a Comment