Saturday 17 April 2010

When Saturday Comes.......17th April

An early start on the paper round, and it could be a scorcher. Wearing the rosette around town whilst shopping was a good idea. Several people stopped and asked about it. I met Anthea Cox who is Labour's candidate against Mr Djanogly, and the team which was campaigning with her- I have to say quite small - team. Giving out balloons. She didn't seem to have much in the way of LOCAL leaflets, and by that I mean specific to Huntingdon. No sign - at 11.25 am anyway - of any of the District Council candidates. The Rotary Club were promoting an event in the Commemoration Hall where you could have your blood pressure tested, so I took the opportunity, and Dave, who looked far fitter than most in there, took the picture for me. I scored 137 / 94, which I was a bit disappointed with but it was suggested that the 94 part was 'stress related' (note to self - earlier to bed, cut out the coffee, bit more exercise)

No comments:

Post a Comment