Saturday 8 May 2010

The count .........and afterwards


WOW!!!! I made it. The result is below, I did it with a majority of 309 votes, so many thanks to those who voted for me, and I shall represent the people of Huntingdon East to the best of my ability. Here's the result, taken from the Hunts DC website:

Huntingdon East Ward

Saeed Akthar The Conservative Party 1766
Stephen Greenall Liberal Democrat 2075 - Elected
Patrick Kadewere The Labour Party 453
Jeff Knott The Green Party 202

The pictures are as follows:

The first one is the bundles of paper that got me elected!!! 2,075 with a cross against my name.

The second one shows the notice as you went into the count. Ignore the bit that says "No Admittance to St Ivo pupils", as I saw some that were, and one has now become a Facebook friend as he wanted the Liberal Democrats to win.

Third one: After spending 10 hours of Election Day in the Polling Station in Hartford Village Hall, I couldn't believe the conversation that took place at 7.15 am the morning after.

Ben went off to do the paper round. He phones me soon afterwards

Ben: "Dad, why is there a picture of the Village Hall in the paper?

Me: "Which paper? Which Village Hall?

Ben: "Like.....OUR Village Hall!"

Me: "Which paper? Cambridge News?"

Ben: "No, The Times"

Me: "Eh? You sure?"

Ben "Yeah.....you can see the writing"

At which point I jumped out of bed and cycled round for a copy.errrm.......three copies. So the third picture is me, with the Times, on the balcony at the Ivo, whilst the count for the MP is taking place below.

Next picture shows the counting taking place in the Sports Hall and the final one is me with the Monster Raving Loony, Lord Toby Jug.





No comments:

Post a Comment