Monday 17 May 2010

First District Council meeting this week

I will be attending my first District Council meeting this coming wednesday, when I also expect that the Committee I shall be sitting on will be ratified.

Meanwhile, a few iussues are raising their heads, which I am getting involved in. The first one, which actually cropped up in the few weeks before the election, is the siting of a bus stop in Salpey Road, which directly overlooks houses in Barn close. This isn's a case of "not inmy back yard", as there is a perfectly good stopping space just 100 yards up the road, and which is offset from the road itself, and adjacent to a footpath. Why this wasn't used in the first place, I shall never know. What is more worrying, however, is that I have had sight of an e-mail which suggests residents were consulted.

They weren't!

No comments:

Post a Comment