Thursday 6 May 2010

Election day




6.15 a.m. Early start, shower, shave, quick drink, and off to do some "telling" for two hours at the Polling Station. Out of the house at around 6.45 a.m., and the man who will be sitting opposite me for the next two hours is Saeed Akthar, who is the Tory candidate, and clearly, we are in a two-horse race. It's me or him, by the time the counting is done tomorrow. He's a really nice bloke, and we wished each other well.

The first two hours flew by, and I was relieved when David Priestman, the man who is standing down from the seat, came to take over at 9.00. So I wandered down to the Barley Mow for bacon butties and a brew. Fantastic.

Then a quick call home to update the blog and Facebook.

Then it'll be back on duty for two more hours.

It's strange to see people whose doors I have been knocking on over the last four weeks, turn up to vote. They are using the main hall this year, and it has been a busy start, I have had many good wishes, but then, so has "Sid".

Blimey, it's 9.45 already. Doesn't time fly when you have an election to win.





No comments:

Post a Comment